TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — UPDATE | John Balaban, 55, who was reported missing on Tuesday, has been located, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. No further details were provided.
ORIGINAL STORY | The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help to find a missing and endangered man from Tampa.
John Balaban, 55, was last seen Friday around 5:30 p.m. when he said he was going to the Target in University Plaza. He did not return home, and doesn’t have a cell phone.
Deputies say Balaban has several health issues that require medication that he doesn’t have with him. They also believe he may be suicidal.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Storms cause damage, flooding in Tampa Bay area Monday evening
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- At least 16 killed in military plane crash in Mississippi
- Lakeland rescue dog with bucket list passes away
- Florida beachgoers form 80-person human chain to rescue family in water
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.