MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies say a 2-year-old girl drowned while on vacation in Manatee County Tuesday.
The little girl was found in a pool on Sycamore Avenue on Anna Maria Island and was flown to Blake Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
The girl’s mother was inside the house with two of her other children when she realized the girl was missing.
The family is from Apopka and was vacationing in the Tampa Bay area.
Deputies say the drowning appears to be accidental.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Sarasota couple accused of animal cruelty, not caring for horses
- Florida beachgoers form human chain to rescue family in water
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- Largo ‘piano man’ accused of selling 30 pianos, pocketing customers’ money
- At least 16 killed in military plane crash in Mississippi
- SCARY! Polk couple encounters 9-foot-long rattlesnake while bird watching
- Children of fourth worker who died following TECO power plant accident speak out
- Thousands of old photos of Tampa released to public