HAULOVER BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A man swimming at a south Florida beach was bitten on both legs by a shark.
Lt. Felipe Lay of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue says the unidentified man was swimming Sunday afternoon off Haulover Beach when he was attacked.
“I just got to the beach, I was going to jump into the water and I heard all the whistles trying to get everyone out of the water,” said Donovan Cecil.
“It started getting closer to the people in the sandbar and they tried to get out– one guy it went straight towards him and bit his leg– pulled him– and gave him a little tug– and I was freaking out.”
Officials say the possible bull shark attack is the first reported at Haulover Beach.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Mystery: Man found near Pasco intersection dies from injuries
- Thousands of old photos of Tampa released to public
- Monkey business: Ocala man says primates swarm his property
- Search underway for Pasco man accused of hitting woman with baseball bat
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow
- Teen bit in head by bear wakes up to crunching sound
- Alligator attack caught on camera
- Unborn baby and woman killed, several injured in shooting at gender reveal party