LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) — A six-month investigation ended Monday with a Largo business owner behind bars.
Randall Sheets, the owner of Randy’s Pianos on Ulmerton Road, was arrested for grand theft, scheme to defraud and theft from persons 65 years of age or older.
Investigators say Sheets took in at least 30 pianos for consignment over the past several years, then sold them and used the funds for personal gains. When the victims tried to find out what happened to their pianos, they were told many different stories about the status of the sales.
Back in January, Sheets declared bankruptcy and closed his business without paying back any of the victims.
Police say there are 24 victims. Seven of them are elderly. Together, Sheets owes the victims $253,070.
Anyone else who thinks they are a victim can call the Largo Police Department at (727) 587-6730.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Spring Hill brothers, 9 and 10, arrested for threatening deputies
- Mystery: Man found near Pasco intersection dies from injuries
- Thousands of old photos of Tampa released to public
- Monkey business: Ocala man says primates swarm his property
- Search underway for Pasco man accused of hitting woman with baseball bat
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow
- Alligator attack caught on camera
- Unborn baby and woman killed, several injured in shooting at gender reveal party