LA VERNE, Ca. (WFLA) – Police in La Verne, California encountered a bear cub wandering around the woods with its head stuck in a jug, a scenario reminiscent of the storybook character Winnie the Pooh, who frequently got his head stuck in a jar full of honey.
The bear was captured on video Saturday at 8:30 am, thrashing around, clawing at its head and using a fence to pop off the plastic jug, according to a local NBC affiliate.
A police officer held the cub down while a wildlife agent removed the jug from its head.
Once freed, the cub was seen running back into the wild.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow
- 7-year-old with autism drowns in Seminole
- VIDEO: Man proposes to girlfriend while being arrested
- Alligator attack caught on camera
- Gun-wielding priest arrested in Florida following road rage incident
- ‘Oh my God, it is Obama’: Alaska mom, baby meet former president