TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A man is facing charges in connection to a homicide that happened in Tampa on Saturday.
Deputies say the suspect, 25-year-old Eric Rivera, got into an altercation with Jose Anthony Quinones, 39, in the parking lot of the 3 AM Vibes club on Waters Avenue. He died at the scene as a result of injuries he suffered during the altercation.
Rivera left before deputies arrived, but was later taken into custody in the parking lot of a gas station at the intersection of Hanley Road and Jackson Springs Road.
Rivera was charged with one count of first-degree murder with a weapon.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow
- Motorcyclist killed, 4 hospitalized after Haines City crash
- FBI: Flight attendant broke wine bottle over Tampa man’s head
- Confirmed cases of flesh-eating bacteria found in Gulf of Mexico
- FHP: Gun-wielding priest arrested in Florida following road rage incident
- ‘Oh my God, it is Obama’: Alaska mom, baby meet former president