FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – Authorities say a 2004 Florida sexual battery case involving a disabled woman has been solved with the arrest of a suspect just before he was to board a plane to Haiti.
The SunSentinel reports that a judge on Sunday denied bail for 55-year-old Pascal Estime.
Investigators arrested Estime a day earlier at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Estime is accused of two counts of sexual battery on a mentally defective person for allegedly assaulting a Boynton Beach woman 13 years ago.
Authorities say the assaults led to a pregnancy that was terminated, with the fetus preserved for DNA evidence.
The probe was renewed in 2016, leading investigators to Estime, who provided a DNA sample matching the preserved fetus.
Court records did not list an attorney for Estime.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Mystery: Man found near Pasco intersection dies from injuries
- Thousands of old photos of Tampa released to public
- Monkey business: Ocala man says primates swarm his property
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow
- 7-year-old with autism drowns in Seminole
- VIDEO: Man proposes to girlfriend while being arrested
- Alligator attack caught on camera
- Unborn baby and woman killed, several injured in shooting at gender reveal party