TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A two-hour search after a shooting at an apartment complex in Tampa ended with a teenager in custody.
Police were called to The Cove Apartments on South Westshore Boulevard around 10:45 Friday night to investigate the shooting.
Investigators say the 15-year-old suspect showed up at the 20-year-old victim’s apartment and demanded cash and other items.
A struggle broke out, and police say the suspect shot the victim in the arm before running away.
Police launched a search with K9 units and a helicopter, and found the suspect after about two hours.
The 15-year-old is charged with three counts of armed robbery and one count of aggravated battery.
The 20-year-old victim is expected to be okay.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FBI: Flight attendant broke wine bottle over Tampa man’s head
- Exclusive: Owners go on the offensive as complaints against Tampa doggie day care stack up
- Confirmed cases of flesh-eating bacteria found in Gulf of Mexico
- Man attacked by alligator while diving for golf balls at Charlotte Co. course
- Police: Florida mom on way to jail for leaving son in hot car complains it’s ‘too hot’ in cruiser
- Man proposes to girlfriend and her sister for touching reason