HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A fourth worker has died after last week’s industrial incident at TECO’s Big Bend Power Plant, the company has confirmed.
We’ve learned Frank Lee Jones passed away Saturday evening at 5 pm.
First responders found two workers dead inside the facility last week, and a third person died from his injuries on Thursday. The victims were identified as Antonio Navarrete, 21, Christopher Irvin, 40 and Michael McCort, 60.
An investigation into the circumstances that led to their deaths is expected to take several weeks.
The company’s president and CEO, Gordon Gillette sent a message of condolences to the victims’ families in a YouTube video.
A GoFundMe page was created to help Jones’ family pay for funeral expenses and other costs.
We will have more updates on the incident on WFLA.com when more facts become available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Nelsan Ellis, Lafayette on ‘True Blood’, dies at 39
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow
- FHP: Gun-wielding priest arrested in Florida following road rage incident
- Police: Man attacks deaf teen with autism known as ‘Minneola superhero’
- FBI: Flight attendant broke wine bottle over Tampa man’s head
- ‘Oh my God, it is Obama’: Alaska mom, baby meet former president