TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) – A battle for beer pitting a sword-wielding robber against a Florida convenience store owner armed with a broomstick went to the store owner.
Tallahassee police reports say an officer driving by the store Thursday night saw a man acting suspiciously while leaving the store and detained him after the store owner started yelling, “Stop him.”
Police said 47-year-old Reginald Lide went in the store holding a sword upright and demanding a beer. The store owner defended himself with a broomstick before the man fled.
Officers recovered a 2-foot-long sword and charged Lide with robbery with a weapon. He was being held at Leon County jail Friday afternoon. Jail records didn’t list an attorney.
It was the fifth time since October that Lide has been arrested in Tallahassee.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FBI: Flight attendant broke wine bottle over Tampa man’s head
- Exclusive: Owners go on the offensive as complaints against Tampa doggie day care stack up
- Confirmed cases of flesh-eating bacteria found in Gulf of Mexico
- Man attacked by alligator while diving for golf balls at Charlotte Co. course
- Police: Florida mom on way to jail for leaving son in hot car complains it’s ‘too hot’ in cruiser
- Man proposes to girlfriend and her sister for touching reason