BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Serbia says six of its citizens have been arrested in Greece in the investigation into the beating death of a 22-year-old Texas man on the island of Zakynthos (ZAH’-keen-thos).
Serbia’s foreign ministry said Saturday that the detained Serbs were to appear before a judge.
The family of Bakari (buh-KAR’-ee) Henderson of Austin, Texas, identified him as the victim. His family said Henderson was in Greece working on a photo shoot to launch a clothing line. Bakari graduated from the University of Arizona in May with a business degree.
Greek police say the victim was beaten to death early Friday at a bar in Lagana. Officials haven’t released a possible motive for the attack.
Greek police said Friday that a 34-year-old Greek and a 32-year-old British man of Serbian origin were arrested.
This story corrects the spelling to Zakynthos, not Zakinthos
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow
- Motorcyclist killed, 4 hospitalized after Haines City crash
- FBI: Flight attendant broke wine bottle over Tampa man’s head
- Confirmed cases of flesh-eating bacteria found in Gulf of Mexico
- Man attacked by alligator while diving for golf balls at Charlotte Co. course
- ‘Oh my God, it is Obama’: Alaska mom, baby meet former president
- Police: Florida mom on way to jail for leaving son in hot car complains it’s ‘too hot’ in cruiser