POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A man died after a single-vehicle crash on I-4 in Polk County.
It happened in the eastbound lanes near mile marker 51, between Hwy 27 and Old Grade Road in Davenport.
Troopers say a 27-year-old Orlando man was traveling eastbound on the interstate when for unknown reasons, he lost control of his Nissan Xterra SUV and left the roadway. The vehicle came onto the south shoulder of the interstate and overturned. The driver was ejected from the vehicle and sustained fatal injuries. He was transported to the Heart of Florida Hospital where he was pronounced dead. The driver’s identity has not been released at this time.
Portions of eastbound I-4 were temporarily shut down and reopened at 8:00 pm.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PHOTO: Huge rattlesnake spotted near Bartow
- Motorcyclist killed, 4 hospitalized after Haines City crash
- FBI: Flight attendant broke wine bottle over Tampa man’s head
- Confirmed cases of flesh-eating bacteria found in Gulf of Mexico
- Man attacked by alligator while diving for golf balls at Charlotte Co. course
- ‘Oh my God, it is Obama’: Alaska mom, baby meet former president
- Police: Florida mom on way to jail for leaving son in hot car complains it’s ‘too hot’ in cruiser