VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) — One person is dead after an overnight fire in Sarasota County.
Flames broke out in the building on Carmine Road in Venice just after midnight.
The sheriff’s office says one resident who lived in the home was killed.
Two deputies were taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide exposure. They have since been released.
The county sheriff’s office and fire department are working together with the state fire marshal to investigate.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FBI: Flight attendant broke wine bottle over Tampa man’s head
- Exclusive: Owners go on the offensive as complaints against Tampa doggie day care stack up
- Confirmed cases of flesh-eating bacteria found in Gulf of Mexico
- Man attacked by alligator while diving for golf balls at Charlotte Co. course
- Police: Florida mom on way to jail for leaving son in hot car complains it’s ‘too hot’ in cruiser
- Cops: Tampa woman tries to burn deputy alive
- New photo could be clue to Amelia Earhart mystery
- Man proposes to girlfriend and her sister for touching reason