TAMPA (WFLA) – Three Kmart stores in the Tampa Bay area will close in early October.
Sears Holdings Corp., who also owns Kmart, said that it would close 35 Kmart and eight Sears stores. The announcement came in a blog post by CEO Eddie Lampert on Friday. All employees were notified and told they were able to apply for open positions in other stores.
The Kmarts closing in Florida:
- 12412 U S 19 Hudson
- 4717 South Florida Avenue Lakeland
- 20505 South Dixie Hwy Miami
- 8245 N Florida Ave Tampa
Liquidation sales will begin as early as July 13 at all closing stores.
This is an addition to the closing of a total of 246 stores – 164 Kmart stores and 82 Sears stores- announced so far this year.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 12-year-old, teenager shot by stepfather in Bradenton
- Cops: Tampa woman tries to burn deputy alive
- United takes 2-year-old’s seat away, forcing him onto mother’s lap for three-hour flight
- Woman with injured dogs, former manager speak out against Lucky Dog Daycare in Tampa
- QVC parent buying Home Shopping Network in stock deal
- Lindsay Lohan wants Americans to ‘stop bullying’ Pres. Trump
- New photo could be clue to Amelia Earhart mystery