PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A woman was arrested in Dade City on Thursday after deputies say she left two dogs inside a hot car so she could charge her phone.
Shirley Robinson is charged with cruelty to animals.
A Pasco County sheriff’s deputy found the woman’s two dogs in her car around 3 p.m. The deputy did not know how long the dogs had already been in the car for, but said they were panting and slobbering.
After about an hour, Robinson showed up to let the dogs out. She told deputies she needed to leave to charge her phone.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 12-year-old, teenager shot by stepfather in Bradenton
- Cops: Tampa woman tries to burn deputy alive
- United takes 2-year-old’s seat away, forcing him onto mother’s lap for three-hour flight
- Woman with injured dogs, former manager speak out against Lucky Dog Daycare in Tampa
- QVC parent buying Home Shopping Network in stock deal
- Lindsay Lohan wants Americans to ‘stop bullying’ Pres. Trump
- New photo could be clue to Amelia Earhart mystery