BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) — Authorities are investigating a shooting in Bradenton.
Bradenton police were called to a home in the 1900 block of 6th Avenue E at 11:28 am.
Arriving officers found two male victims inside the home, a 19-year-old and a 12-year-old.
The 12-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to his lower body and is being treated at All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg.
The 19-year-old victim suffered gunshot wounds to his head and upper body and is being treated at Blake Medical Center in Bradenton.
The victim’s stepfather identified himself as the shooter.
According to investigators, the incident started with an argument. During the argument, the 19-year-old armed himself with a firearm. The stepfather armed himself with a handgun.
The argument escalated and the stepfather fired his weapon.
The shooting was directed at the 19-year-old and Bradenton police said the shooting of the 12-year-old appears to be accidental.
The stepfather was identified as Joshua Rapolla, 36. He has not been arrested at this time.
The 19-year-old victim was identified as Rufus Adams.
Anyone with information regarding the investigation is asked to call the Bradenton Police Department at 941-932-9300, or Detective Fredy Ordonez at 941-932-9327. Tips can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- New photo could be clue to Amelia Earhart mystery
- Man loads propane tanks into car and drives into apartment building
- Police: Man fatally shot in front of patrons at St. Pete pool hall
- FBI, Coast Guard investigate Florida newlywed’s sea disappearance
- Lakeland teen paralyzed in 2011 shooting incident shot and killed in drive-by
- 7-week-old dies after being left in car for 8 hours in NW Florida
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.