FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – Authorities in Florida say fireworks exploded in a 6-year-old boy’s hand, leaving him in the hospital.
The Sun Sentinel reports Fort Lauderdale police spokeswoman Tracy Figone says the boy was in the front yard with his 18-year-old sister on Wednesday evening when the fireworks exploded in his hand.
Figone says there was debris in the yard from fireworks used the night before. She says the child picked one up, lit it and it exploded in his hand.
Officials say the child suffered serious injuries and is being treated at Broward Health Medical Center.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Suspect shot and killed by police in Plant City
- Cops: Tampa woman tries to burn deputy alive
- 4 children, man found dead after reported stabbing
- Tampa police chief announces retirement
- Third worker dies after TECO Power Plant incident
- United takes 2-year-old’s seat away, forcing him onto mother’s lap for three-hour flight
- Lindsay Lohan wants Americans to ‘stop bullying’ Pres. Trump
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.