(WFLA/AP) – Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise has been readmitted to the intensive care unit at Medstar Washington Hospital, according to NBC.
Scalise was readmitted due to concerns for infection. According to NBC, his condition is listed as serious.
Scalise was upgraded from “critical” to “serious condition” June 17 after he continued to show signs of improvement after he was wounded in a shooting at a Republican baseball practice outside Washington.
Scalise, the House majority whip, was one of five people shot when a gunman opened fire as the Republican team practiced in Alexandria, Virginia. He has required several surgeries after the shooting.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- New photo could be clue to Amelia Earhart mystery
- Cars crash into bedroom where 2 kids normally sleep
- You didn’t miss much at the Channelside Fireworks display
- Man loads propane tanks into car and drives into apartment building
- Police: Man fatally shot in front of patrons at St. Pete pool hall
- FBI, Coast Guard investigate Florida newlywed’s sea disappearance
- Lakeland teen paralyzed in 2011 shooting incident shot and killed in drive-by
- 7-week-old dies after being left in car for 8 hours in NW Florida
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.