POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Polk County deputies are continuing to investigate a triple shooting that occurred Monday in the Wabash area of unincorporated Lakeland.
The investigation revealed John Lugo, 29, fired shots at three passengers in a Cadillac from a home on Tennessee Road.
Witnesses said the Cadillac drove past the house, turned around, then slowly approached the home. Witnesses said shots were fired from both outside the home and from passengers inside the car.
Shortly after, Lugo fled the scene. PCSO has issued an arrest warrant for Lugo for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Detectives are trying to locate Lugo.
The gunshots struck the driver, Dario Trejo, 18, and front passenger Jose Tinoco, 24.
Christopher Garcia, 18, was the back seat passenger and was not injured.
Deputies located Trejo and Tinoco and began performing first aid. They were taken to Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center.
Trejo suffered from a gunshot wound to his upper torso and was treated and released. Tinco suffered a gunshot wound to his lower left jaw and is in stable condition.
Deputies found Jake Castillo, 17, shot in the home on Tennessee Road. He was taken to LRHMC and later died of his injuries.
Castillo was previously paralyzed during a drive-by shooting in 2011, where his 19-year-old brother was killed.
If you have information about the shooting incident or the whereabouts of John Lugo call Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS (8477), or visit www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com. You must call Crime Stoppers to be eligible for a cash reward.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- New photo could be clue to Amelia Earhart mystery
- Cars crash into bedroom where 2 kids normally sleep
- You didn’t miss much at the Channelside Fireworks display
- Man loads propane tanks into car and drives into apartment building
- Police: Man fatally shot in front of patrons at St. Pete pool hall
- FBI, Coast Guard investigate Florida newlywed’s sea disappearance
- Lakeland teen paralyzed in 2011 shooting incident shot and killed in drive-by
- 7-week-old dies after being left in car for 8 hours in NW Florida
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.