DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) – The FBI and Coast Guard are investigating the disappearance of a Florida newlywed who vanished during a boating trip with her husband.
Isabella Hellmann could not be found after the catamaran she was sharing with her husband Lewis Bennett took on water 30 miles off the Bahamas.
Bennett told the Coast Guard he was asleep when the boat hit something May 12. He said that he could not find his wife so he signaled for help and got onto a life raft.
Hellmann’s family has accused him of killing her. He has denied it. The FBI has searched the couple’s condominium.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Lakeland teen paralyzed in 2011 shooting incident shot and killed in drive-by
- 7-week-old dies after being left in car for 8 hours in NW Florida
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Pinellas mom shoots man who attacked her and neighbor
- Deputies: Pasco man killed girlfriend by stabbing her in face, neck, body
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis