PLANT CITY, Fla. (WFLA) – One person was taken to the hospital after a crash on Interstate 4 in Hillsborough County involving an Atlanta Braves charter bus.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the bus was traveling westbound approaching Thonotosassa Road at about 9:30 a.m. when it couldn’t stop for another wreck and hit the rear of a Chevy Malibu.
The 52-year-old woman in the car suffered minor injuries and was taken to South Florida Baptist Hospital.
The bus was carrying 25 members of the Braves organization, including the Gulf Coast League Team, a rookie-level minor league team. Their games are played at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista.
The bus driver, Donald Kales, 49, or Orlando, was cited for careless driving.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- New photo could be clue to Amelia Earhart mystery
- Cars crash into bedroom where 2 kids normally sleep
- You didn’t miss much at the Channelside Fireworks display
- Man loads propane tanks into car and drives into apartment building
- Police: Man fatally shot in front of patrons at St. Pete pool hall
- FBI, Coast Guard investigate Florida newlywed’s sea disappearance
- Lakeland teen paralyzed in 2011 shooting incident shot and killed in drive-by
- 7-week-old dies after being left in car for 8 hours in NW Florida
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.