TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Two vehicles crashed into a home in Tampa on Wednesday morning.
Tampa police say a man was traveling at a high rate of speed and missed a turn on East Bird Street.
Police say he crashed into a parked car, and the impact pushed it 30 feet into a house at 2200 East Bird Street.
Maria Lloyd, a woman who lives in the house, said both vehicles slammed into a room where two of her children normally sleep. Fortunately, the children were not home at the time of the incident.
Lloyd said cinder blocks landed on the bed and she’s sure the impact would’ve killed her small children if they were there.
“Well, I already lost one kid last year, so I honestly couldn’t even tell you. I don’t know how I’m feeling about it, because if my kids were in there, like I said, I would’ve lost them also,” Lloyd said.
The parked car belongs to Frank Garcia. He said he bought it a week ago.
“It’s kind of heartbreaking, but you do what you do, keep your head up and go from there,” Garcia said.
Lloyd is also trying to remain positive, even with an order to vacate posted on the front door.
“This was our house. This was our everyday home, so there’s no telling where we’re going to go, what’s going to happen, but we’ll figure it out, that’s for sure,” Lloyd said.
Lloyd said she was told that the American Red Cross will offer help.
Records show that this was the fifth crash in a year near that location.
Four of those accidents have happened since February.
The driver in the recent case hasn’t been charge or arrested as of Wednesday afternoon.
He was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to police.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Police: Man fatally shot in front of patrons at St. Pete pool hall
- FBI, Coast Guard investigate Florida newlywed’s sea disappearance
- Lakeland teen paralyzed in 2011 shooting incident shot and killed in drive-by
- 7-week-old dies after being left in car for 8 hours in NW Florida
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis