SIESTA KEY, Fla. (WFLA) — A truck crashed into a Siesta Key restaurant Tuesday morning.
Authorities say the white truck crashed into the Lobster Pot restaurant around 9:45 a.m. on the Fourth of July.
The restaurant is located at 5157 Ocean Blvd in Siesta Village.
A man and his dog were inside the truck.
Sarasota Fire Rescue crews responded to the scene and took the man to a local hospital. Details about his injuries have not been released.
The dog was not injured.
Siesta Key is a popular Fourth of July destination. It is so popular, around 8 a.m. on the Fourth of July, the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office announced that the main Siesta Key parking lot was full.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Wrong-way driver misses Hernando deputy, then crashes into another car, 2 dead
- Florida city to rename streets honoring Confederate generals
- Lakeland teen paralyzed in 2011 shooting incident shot and killed in drive-by
- 7-week-old dies after being left in car for 8 hours in NW Florida
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Cross can stay at public park pending Florida city’s appeal
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis