GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) – A Michigan man who tried to use fireworks to remove a bees’ nest from his garage ended up burning the building down instead.
MLive reports crews responding to the home in Grand Blanc Township on Monday saw fireworks shooting into the sky from the burning garage.
No one was injured.
Grand Blanc Fire Chief Bob Burdette says the homeowner was trying to use a smoke bomb to get a bees’ nest out of the garage.
Homeowner Mike Tingley says that while he’s sad about his garage, he’s happy the incident wasn’t worse.
Tingley says “everyone is safe and that’s the main thing.”
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Wrong-way driver misses Hernando deputy, kills woman, 23
- Florida city to rename streets honoring Confederate generals
- Lakeland teen paralyzed in 2011 shooting incident shot and killed in drive-by
- Brooksville’s 4th of July ‘Machine Gun Shoot’ a unique alternative to fireworks
- 7-week-old dies after being left in car for 8 hours in NW Florida
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Cross can stay at public park pending Florida city’s appeal
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis