HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office was on scene of a shooting Monday evening.
The incident occurred at Trout and Perch streets.
HSCO spokeswoman Debbie Carter said the victim is a 14-year-old who was playing with a gun. As the teen was putting the gun back into his waistband, the gun went off, striking him in the hip.
The victim was taken to a hospital.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Pinellas mom shoots man who attacked her and neighbor
- Body found believed to be missing Tampa swimmer
- Florida opens large stretch of Gulf Coast for scalloping
- Trump tweets mock video of him beating CNN, sparks criticism
- Deputies: Pasco man killed girlfriend by stabbing her in face, neck, body
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.