LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – Suzanne Pringle’s sophisticated security system, with more than 30 cameras, were recording as the booze bandits shopped, grabbed and bolted out the door.
She is co-owner of the Beverage House on East Bay Drive in Largo.
A week ago, a thief stuffed two bottles down his shorts. He had to make a careful getaway.
“They’re not very picky about what kind of alcohol, as long as it’s expensive,” said Pringle.
On Sunday, cameras caught a man filling a cart, only going for the good stuff.
Crown Royal, Tanqueray, Patron, Grey Goose and Monet Champaign filled the cart.
In all, the thieves took 12 bottle in eight days, worth $1,000 or more.
Each time the thieves go to a waiting, black SUV.
On Sunday, Pringle ran after them, but the driver took off.
The repeat robberies are putting a real strain on this family-run business.
“My savings is depleting and now I have somebody that thinks that they’re entitled to everything that’s here. Just makes it just that more difficult to survive,” she said.
Pringle thinks of customers like family. She called 8 On Your Side, hoping a News Channel 8 viewer knows who’s robbing her over and over again.
“We need to do something to get the word out. I mean, I can’t keep my doors open and lose money forever,” she said.
“They can turn in these four guys [who] are trying to destroy me and my family,” she said.
Suzanne Pringle is really at the end of her rope on this.
In each of the three robberies, a different man comes in. But, it’s always the same black Mitsubishi SUV. There’s no gun, they just grab and go.
Largo police are on the case.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Pinellas mom shoots man who attacked her and neighbor
- Body found believed to be missing Tampa swimmer
- Florida opens large stretch of Gulf Coast for scalloping
- Trump tweets mock video of him beating CNN, sparks criticism
- Deputies: Pasco man killed girlfriend by stabbing her in face, neck, body
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.