LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A Lakeland police officer helped a little girl calm down from a temper tantrum when he helped her fix her bicycle.
A Lakeland resident caught Officer Stinson fixing the little girl’s bicycle chain at the Wilsonian on Lake Morton and took the photo.
The resident said the girl’s temper tantrum stopped when she caught a glimpse of the police car, lights flashing.
The Lakeland Police Department said in a Facebook post they are proud to have Officer Stinson on their team.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Pinellas mom shoots man who attacked her and neighbor
- Body found believed to be missing Tampa swimmer
- Florida opens large stretch of Gulf Coast for scalloping
- Trump tweets mock video of him beating CNN, sparks criticism
- Deputies: Pasco man killed girlfriend by stabbing her in face, neck, body
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.