DUNEDIN, Fla. (WFLA) – Residents at Country Lake Condominiums on Promenade Drive in Dunedin were evacuated Monday afternoon because of a fire.
According to Fire Chief Jeff Parks, the blaze likely started from a lightning strike. The National Weather Service said lightning was in the area at the time.
Two apartments were damaged, but 30 units had to evacuate and remain at the pool area.
Red Cross will help the families who were displaced.
Two Clearwater firefighters suffered minor injuries and were taken to a local hospital. No other injuries were reported.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Hillsborough man kept wife’s body in freezer for 8 years to collect her Social Security
- Pinellas mom shoots man who attacked her and neighbor
- Body found believed to be missing Tampa swimmer
- Florida opens large stretch of Gulf Coast for scalloping
- Trump tweets mock video of him beating CNN, sparks criticism
- Deputies: Pasco man killed girlfriend by stabbing her in face, neck, body
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Police: Florida man sits on gun, shoots himself in penis