BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Some deputies in Broward County set aside their crime fighting duties to rescue wildlife this week.
The deputies spotted a sea turtle that had wandered onto a sidewalk.
“This turtle got a little off track and needed a pick me up,” wrote the Broward County Sheriff’s Office in a post to its Facebook page.
BCSO deputies and residents helped carry the turtle to a deputy’s pickup truck. The deputy then drove the turtle to the beach, just south of the Lauderdale by the Sea pier.
The turtle was released on the beach and made its way back into the ocean.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Deputies: Pasco man killed girlfriend by stabbing her in face, neck, body
- 12 greyhounds test positive for cocaine at Florida racetrack
- Mother arrested for leaving 1-year-old in car outside Clearwater Courthouse
- Slingshot ride prank turns Lakeland man into internet sensation
- Victims identified after industrial incident at TECO’s Big Bend Power Plant
- LIST: New Florida state laws take effect July 1
- Police: Venus Williams at fault in deadly Florida car crash
- 2 children hospitalized after eating marijuana-laced gummies, Spring Hill woman arrested