BALTIMORE (AP) – Adeiny Hechavarria hit a tying single in the ninth inning and Steven Souza followed with a three-run homer in the 10th to carry the Tampa Bay Rays past the Baltimore Orioles 6-4 on Friday night.
Hechavarria went 4 for 4 and Wilson Ramos hit his first homer with the Rays. They had nobody on with two outs in the ninth before rallying from a 3-2 deficit against closer Brad Brach.
After issuing a two-out walk to pinch-hitter Shane Peterson, Brach committed a balk and threw a wild pitch Hechavarria singled to left. It was the fourth blown save for Brach, who’s filling in for the injured Zach Britton.
In the 10th, Darren O’Day (1-2) issued two walks, the second one intentionally, before Souza went deep.
Jumbo Diaz (1-3) worked the ninth and Alex Colome gave up a homer to Mark Trumbo in the 10th but got three outs for his 21st save.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- LIST: New Florida state laws take effect July 1
- Police: Venus Williams at fault in deadly Florida car crash
- 2 dead, 4 seriously injured after industrial incident at TECO’s Big Bend power plant
- Pregnant woman plows SUV into man suspected of stealing her purse
- Potentially lethal parasite found in Hillsborough County
- Deputies: Man exposed his genitals to girl, 8, at Tampa dental office
- One rabid cat, 7 victims treated in Hillsborough County
- Pinellas Co. deputy fired after joking about shooting someone on social media