NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) — One person is dead after a stabbing in New Port Richey.
Deputies with the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office were called to a home on Green Key Road Road around 7:40 p.m.
Responding deputies found one person, the victim, dead when they got to the scene. They say the suspect had a self-inflicted knife wound.
Investigators believe the two people knew each other.
The suspect was taken to a nearby hospital with life-threatening injuries.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 12 greyhounds test positive for cocaine at Florida racetrack
- Mother arrested for leaving 1-year-old in car outside Clearwater Courthouse
- Slingshot ride prank turns Lakeland man into internet sensation
- Victims identified after industrial incident at TECO’s Big Bend Power Plant
- LIST: New Florida state laws take effect July 1
- Police: Venus Williams at fault in deadly Florida car crash
- 2 children hospitalized after eating marijuana-laced gummies, Spring Hill woman arrested