(WFLA/NBC News) — One large, unexpected visitor accidentally wandered its way into a town in India.
This elephant caused quite the scare as it made its way through some fields before stopping traffic when it crossed a highway.
The elephant eventually made its way back to the forest with help from police and forest officials.
Increasing human population has depleted the wild animals’ habitat and forced them to stray into populated areas in search of food and water.
In some instances, the elephants have attacked people and often been killed in return.
Luckily, in this case, there was no property damage and no one was hurt during the incident.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- WFLA News Channel 8 rescues trapped kitten from inside car
- Taco Bell launches fiesta weddings in Las Vegas
- WATCH: Man dressed as T-Rex kayaks down flooded street
- WATCH: Dallas Zoo’s ‘breakdancing’ gorilla is making a splash
- World’s largest LEGO art display debuts in Tampa for free
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.