TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — It’s summertime and that means everyone is hitting the pool.
But, parents will need to watch their little one’s closely because summer is the prime time for drowning accidents.
Drowning is defined as a process of respiratory impairment from submersion or immersion into the fluid.
Dr. Jill discusses drowning, ways to recognize it and how to prevent it on WFLA News Channel 8. Watch her tips above.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- WFLA News Channel 8 rescues trapped kitten from inside car
- Taco Bell launches fiesta weddings in Las Vegas
- WATCH: Man dressed as T-Rex kayaks down flooded street
- WATCH: Dallas Zoo’s ‘breakdancing’ gorilla is making a splash
- World’s largest LEGO art display debuts in Tampa for free
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.