PITTSBURGH (AP) – David Freese misplayed a groundball at third base, allowing Steven Souza Jr. to score in the 10th inning and giving the Tampa Bay Rays a 4-2 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Tuesday night.
With Souza at first base and no outs, Wilson Ramos hit a hard grounder off Felipe Rivero (3-2) that Freese missed while trying to backhand.
Adeiny Hechavarria added a sacrifice fly in the inning, giving him two RBIs in his first game since being traded from the Miami Marlins on Monday.
The Pirates were no-hit through six innings by starter Alex Cobb, but Andrew McCutchen forced extra innings with a two-run double down the left field line in the ninth.
Tommy Hunter pitched the 10th for his first save of the season.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Port Richey woman accused of having sex with 11-year-old, getting pregnant
- Snapchat’s new ‘Snap Map’ feature has law enforcement worried
- Disabled Pasco man begs for help to find stolen dog
- Father of LSU star pitcher revives man with no pulse at CWS
- WFLA News Channel 8 rescues trapped kitten from inside car
- Polk County 7-year-old found safe in California
- Good Samaritan helping lost toddler in Lakeland gets beat up by parent, Facebook shamed
- Chick-fil-A offers FREE food to celebrate cow appreciation day