DAVENPORT, Fla. (WFLA) — A 7-year-old missing from Polk County has been found safe in California.
A Florida Missing Child Alert was issued Tuesday for 7-year-old Donovan Carruthers, whose mother was found dead in Orlando on June 17.
Authorities said Donovan was found in the company of Joseff Rhodes, age 41, in California.
Donovan is now safe at the Rialto Police Department. DCF is on the way.
On June 17, Donovan’s mother was found dead at the Econo Lodge Inn and Suites on Orange Blossom Drive in Orlando. Detectives have not released the cause of death for Amber Elizabeth Carruthers, 32, but they have classified her death as a homicide.
After Carruthers was discovered dead, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office called the DCF hotline and DCF initiated a well-being investigation for Donovan Carruthers, age 7.
DCF contacted the OCSO on June 20 and DCF reported that Donovan Carruthers may be missing. They said the boy may be with his mother’s boyfriend, who lives on Verbena Street in Davenport. Police checked the home and said it was vacant.
DCF believes Rhodes is not the boy’s biological father.
They say he was Amber Elizabeth Carruthers’ boyfriend and has a significant criminal history of making money from prostitution and human trafficking.
Donovan Carruthers is 4 feet tall, weighs 60 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes.
Joseff Rhodes is 5 feet 6 inches tall.
If you have any information on the whereabouts of Donovan Carruthers contact the Haines City Police Department at 1-863-421-3636 or call 911
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Good Samaritan beat up and Facebook shamed after helping toddler in Lakeland speaks out
- Pasco woman accused of having sex with 11-year-old, getting pregnant
- Pinellas deputy resigns after racist, sexist and sexually explicit material found on phone
- Polk County 7-year-old found safe in California
- Snapchat’s new ‘Snap Map’ feature has law enforcement worried
- Dog returned to disabled man in Pasco County
- Chick-fil-A offers FREE food to celebrate cow appreciation day