DUNEDIN, Fla. (WFLA) — A decomposed body that was found in a canal in Dunedin on Monday has been identified as a man who was reported missing earlier this month.
Deputies in Pinellas County started searching for 63-year-old Charles Morris last week after he left his home on June 20 and never returned. Investigators said Morris suffered from a memory loss related illness.
The sheriff’s office was searching for Morris when his body was discovered in a canal behind the Cedar Creek Mobile Home Park Monday night.
Detectives do not believe his death is suspicious.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Port Richey woman accused of having sex with 11-year-old, getting pregnant
- Snapchat’s new ‘Snap Map’ feature has law enforcement worried
- Disabled Pasco man begs for help to find stolen dog
- Father of LSU star pitcher revives man with no pulse at CWS
- WFLA News Channel 8 rescues trapped kitten from inside car
- Polk County 7-year-old found safe in California
- Good Samaritan helping lost toddler in Lakeland gets beat up by parent, Facebook shamed
- Chick-fil-A offers FREE food to celebrate cow appreciation day