ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – A Transportation Security Administration employee has been arrested after video showed him stealing cash at a Florida airport.
The Orlando Sentinel reports 22-year-old Alexander Shae Johnson was arrested on Thursday and records say he faces a third-degree felony grand theft charge.
A passenger selected for a pat-down search while going through security at Orlando International Airport saw Johnson standing near her bag.
Orlando police say she went through her bag afterward and realized cash was missing before noticing a bulge in Johnson’s shirt pocket that turned out to be money.
Johnson was arrested despite saying the cash was his, as video showed otherwise.
The TSA said in a statement that Johnson was fired.
Johnson was released on bail from the Orange County jail.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Polk deputies warn of distraction burglaries
- Cops: Uber driver’s gun discharges during fight with passengers at Adventure Island
- Cape Coral mayor’s ex-husband arrested at Florida hotel
- Hurricane Dora forms in the Pacific off Mexico’s coast
- Deputies: Drunk, high and naked man shows up to Clearwater home, throws feces
- Shocking video shows teen falling from Six Flags ‘Sky Ride’
- PHOTOS: Erin Andrews, ex-NHL player Jarret Stoll marry in Montana