ALPHARETTA, Ga. (AP) — Police say a motorcycle officer who stopped a driver for speeding on a suburban highway north of Atlanta had an ‘extraterrestrial encounter’ — sort of.
George Gordon, a spokesman for police in Alpharetta, says that when the officer pulled the man over Sunday, a life-sized doll of a big-eyed, large-skulled alien was riding in the front passenger seat.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution first reported the encounter, saying the driver was clocked at 84 mph (135 kph). Not quite warp speed, and Gordon later told The Associated Press: “He did not mention as to ‘why’ he had an out of this world passenger.”
The driver got off with a verbal warning — and some laughs from the officer — who took photographs of the safety-belted alien police later posted on social media.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Gopher tortoises killed in Lakewood Ranch, reward offered for information
- Good Samaritan helping lost toddler in Lakeland gets beat up by parent, Facebook shamed
- Walt Disney World offers rare summer ticket deal
- Caught on Camera: Mom, daughter attacked over cold chicken
- Deputies: Drunk, high and naked man shows up to Clearwater home, throws feces
- PHOTOS: Erin Andrews, ex-NHL player Jarret Stoll marry in Montana