TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — AAA released a new report overnight that said the average price of gas during the opening of Summer is the lowest its been in 12 years.
Since June 1, U.S. gas prices averaged $2.33, the average is the lowest since 2005 when it was $2.13.
In Florida, the Tampa, St. Pete and Clearwater areas are seeing the lowest prices, while West Palm Beach has the highest prices.
Here in the Tampa Bay area, some people are even finding gas at prices that are less than $ 2 a gallon, which makes it even more enticing for people to get out of town and hit the roads for the holiday weekend.
AAA expects 44 million people to travel over the 4th of July holiday. They expect 37 million of those travelers to be vacationing by car.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Polk deputies warn of distraction burglaries
- Cops: Uber driver’s gun discharges during fight with passengers at Adventure Island
- Cape Coral mayor’s ex-husband arrested at Florida hotel
- Deputies: Drunk, high and naked man shows up to Clearwater home, throws feces
- Hurricane Dora forms in the Pacific off Mexico’s coast
- Afraid of sharks? Flu, asteroids pose far greater risk
- Shocking video shows teen falling from Six Flags ‘Sky Ride’
- PHOTOS: Erin Andrews, ex-NHL player Jarret Stoll marry in Montana