TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Two former Tampa Bay Lightning players, Dave Andreychuk and Mark Recchi, will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Dave Andreychuk joined the Lightning in 2001 and became team captain for the 2002-2003 season. Andreychuk led the Lightning to the franchise’s first Stanley Cup title in 2004.
Andreychuk played 1,639 regular season games throughout his NHL career, scored 640 goals and 698 assists.
Mark Recchi also made the Hockey Hall of Fame’s Class of 2017. Recchi played for the Lightning in the 2008-2009 season. He played 62 games with the Lightning, scored 13 goals and notched 32 assists.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Polk deputies warn of distraction burglaries
- Cops: Uber driver’s gun discharges during fight with passengers at Adventure Island
- Cape Coral mayor’s ex-husband arrested at Florida hotel
- Deputies: Drunk, high and naked man shows up to Clearwater home, throws feces
- Hurricane Dora forms in the Pacific off Mexico’s coast
- Shocking video shows teen falling from Six Flags ‘Sky Ride’
- PHOTOS: Erin Andrews, ex-NHL player Jarret Stoll marry in Montana
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.