MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) – The ex-husband of a Florida mayor has been charged with domestic battery and strangling after he got into an argument with a woman.
The Miami Herald reports that 48-year-old Kenneth Retzer, ex-husband of Cape Coral Mayor Marni Sawicki, was arrested early Saturday following a domestic dispute call to Miami police.
A police report says officers found the unidentified victim with a swollen eye and red throat in a Fontainebleau Hotel room.
She told police Retzer hit her. Retzer, a former Cape Coral Fire Department lieutenant, was treated and released from a local hospital before being jailed.
It’s unclear if he has an attorney.
Sawicki went to a weekend national mayors’ convention at the hotel and attended a Friday news conference there.
The Miami Herald couldn’t reach her for comment Sunday night.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Polk deputies warn of distraction burglaries
- Cops: Uber driver’s gun discharges during fight with passengers at Adventure Island
- Deputies: Drunk, high and naked man shows up to Clearwater home, throws feces
- Shocking video shows teen falling from Six Flags ‘Sky Ride’
- PHOTOS: Erin Andrews, ex-NHL player Jarret Stoll marry in Montana