DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WESH/WFLA) – Daytona Beach police arrested a man after an unmanned boat ran crashed into the shore.
At 10:45 pm on Saturday, the 32-foot cabin cruiser ran at full throttle into the sand north of the Silver Beach approach and got stuck. Beachgoers were frightened, but fortunately no one was hurt.
The boat was stolen from a local marina Friday, according the Coast Guard officials.
Beach Safety Patrol arrested Jonathan Race in connection to the incident.
He was taken into custody and charged with two counts of burglary of a structure or conveyance and grand theft of a vehicle less than $100,000, records show.
He’s being held at the Volusia County Jail on a $10,500 bond.
A Coast Guard Lieutenant told WESH 2 that the boat is registered in Colorado, but the owner lives in central Florida.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 3 Sarasota Co. residents arrested in Georgia after police chase
- Polk deputies warn of more distraction burglaries
- Deputies: Drunk, high and naked man shows up to Clearwater home, throws feces
- Texas runaway could be traveling to Florida with fugitive
- Shocking video shows teen falling from Six Flags ‘Sky Ride’
- PHOTOS: Erin Andrews, ex-NHL player Jarret Stoll marry in Montana