FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – Rescuers were spending a second day searching the waters off Florida for a missing diver.
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported Sunday that the U.S. Coast Guard resumed its search in the morning.
The search began a day earlier after the 50-year-old diver failed to surface about half-a-mile away from Lauderdale-by-the Sea, which is in South Florida.
The paper said that the missing diver, who has not been identified, was among 34 Scuba divers and snorkelers who went out to a shallow reef aboard the commercial diver vessel Lady Go Diver, according to Arilton Pavan, who runs Dixie Divers, the boat’s owner.
Pavan said the man was a local resident and an experienced diver who has made two or three previous trips with his company.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Polk deputies warn of more distraction burglaries
- Deputies: Drunk, high and naked man shows up to Clearwater home, throws feces
- Texas runaway could be traveling to Florida with fugitive
- Shocking video shows teen falling from Six Flags ‘Sky Ride’
- TSA officer steals passenger’s money during pat down at OIA, police say
- Professor under fire for saying Otto Warmbier got ‘what he deserved’ in North Korea
- VIDEO: Former NFL star Emmitt Smith surprises sister who survived cancer during first pitch at Rays game