VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) – A 27-year-old man was medevacked from a fishing boat 60 miles west of Venice after suffering symptoms of a seizure, the U.S. Coast Guard said on Sunday.
Coast Guard Sector St. Petersburg was alerted to Steve Wager, the man in distress at 7:40 pm on Saturday evening. He had been out on a 35-foot fishing boat with four other people at the time.
A MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter crew from Clearwater was dispatched at 8:13 pm and
Wager was airlifted to Tampa General Hospital for treatment.
No further details regarding the incident has been released at this time.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Polk deputies warn of more distraction burglaries
- Deputies: Drunk, high and naked man shows up to Clearwater home, throws feces
- Texas runaway could be traveling to Florida with fugitive
- Pasco deputies capture wanted man known as ‘Bazooka Ricky’
- Shocking video shows teen falling from Six Flags ‘Sky Ride’
- TSA officer steals passenger’s money during pat down at OIA, police say
- Professor under fire for saying Otto Warmbier got ‘what he deserved’ in North Korea
- VIDEO: Former NFL star Emmitt Smith surprises sister who survived cancer during first pitch at Rays game