MIAMI (AP) – The U.S. Coast Guard is searching the waters off Florida for a missing diver.
Authorities said they were looking for a diver who went missing about half-a-mile away from Lauderdale-by-the Sea, which is in South Florida.
The Coast Guard in a release said it had received a report from a commercial dive vessel that a 50-year-old diver was missing after he failed to surface.
The Coast Guard has launched both a boat crew and a helicopter crew to search for the missing diver. State and local officials are assisting in the search.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Pasco deputies capture wanted man known as ‘Bazooka Ricky’
- TSA officer steals passenger’s money during pat down at OIA, police say
- Professor under fire for saying Otto Warmbier got ‘what he deserved’ in North Korea
- Need a light? Florida firefighter arrested over cigarette brawl
- VIDEO: Former NFL star Emmitt Smith surprises sister who survived cancer during first pitch at Rays game