PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A Rhode Island company that makes jewelry from breast milk has been ordered to refund customers and return the breast milk they sent.
WPRI-TV reports a state Superior Court judge this week approved a judgment and temporary restraining order against MommyMilk Creations and owner Allicia Mogavero.
State Attorney General Peter Kilmartin’s office sued this year after receiving several complaints from customers who said they’d sent the Westerly-based company bags of their breast milk but had been waiting as long as two years for it to send their promised creations.
The station says Mogavero must refund $15,000 to 114 customers from across the country and as far away as Singapore.
The company promises on its website, “All remaining orders are being completed.”
Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Pasco deputies search for man known as ‘Bazooka Ricky’
- Boy dies after being shot by sibling in Bradenton
- Federal agencies demand records from SeaWorld theme park
- USF football player arrested for credit card fraud, theft
- Special guest to throw out Rays first pitch Saturday
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay
- Which Tampa Bay area county is in the middle of a massive mosquito outbreak?