CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (WFLA) – SpaceEx has launched a used Falcon 9 rocket for the second time.
The rocket took off from the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral at 3:10 pm Eastern time on Friday and is carrying the first Bulgarian satellite into super-high orbit around Earth.
The satellite, BulgariaSat-1, is owned and operated by Bulgarian satellite television provider Bulsatcom. It’s the country’s first geostationary telecommunications satellite.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATCH: Woman comes face-to-face with intruder in St. Pete home
- Cops: Teacher finds daughter at Lake Wales home, puts 17-year-old boy in chokehold
- London tower fire started in fridge freezer, manslaughter charges possible
- Fitness blogger dies after reportedly being hit in chest by exploding whipped cream canister
- Bystanders tried to save Dallas children, 17, 12, who drowned in Tampa hotel pool
- Florida family escapes after hoverboard catches home on fire
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay