HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office deputies are investigating the death of a pedestrian.
Investigators say it happened late Friday morning in the area of Fletcher Avenue and 50th Street.
The pedestrian who was hit is an adult male whose identity has not been released.
As of 11:30 a.m., eastbound Fletcher Avenue is closed at 46th Street.
Northbound 50th Street is closed just south of Fletcher Avenue.
Stay with WFLA.com for updates about this story.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATCH: Woman comes face-to-face with intruder in St. Pete home
- Cops: Teacher finds daughter at Lake Wales home, puts 17-year-old boy in chokehold
- Police: Florida woman watching sick mother’s pets let 2 dogs die of starvation
- Fitness blogger dies after reportedly being hit in chest by exploding whipped cream canister
- Bystanders tried to save Dallas children, 17, 12, who drowned in Tampa hotel pool
- Florida family escapes after hoverboard catches home on fire
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay