CHARLESTON, S.C. (WFLA) – Officials at Charleston airport say no one was hurt when nearly 100 passengers evacuated a Florida-bound JetBlue flight on Friday after crew members reported smoke coming from the cockpit, NBC 4 reports.
The Federal Aviation Administration says JetBlue Flight 913, was evacuated upon landing at Charleston International Airport around 10:30 am Friday.
Airport officials say 97 passengers deplaned via emergency chutes and were bused from the tarmac to the terminal to be booked on other flights.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATCH: Woman comes face-to-face with intruder in St. Pete home
- Cops: Teacher finds daughter at Lake Wales home, puts 17-year-old boy in chokehold
- London tower fire started in fridge freezer, manslaughter charges possible
- Fitness blogger dies after reportedly being hit in chest by exploding whipped cream canister
- Bystanders tried to save Dallas children, 17, 12, who drowned in Tampa hotel pool
- Florida family escapes after hoverboard catches home on fire
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay