ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) – If Disneyland is “The Happiest Place on Earth,” Jeff Reitz may be its happiest citizen.
As of Thursday, Reitz had visited the park for 2,000 days in a row – every day for 5½ years.
The Huntington Beach man tells the Orange County Register he began visiting with his ex-girlfriend in 2012 when both were jobless and wanted to keep up their spirits.
Even after he got a job and the couple broke up, Reitz kept going.
He has met celebrities and made friends with park cast members. He has visited every restaurant.
His favorite ride is the Matterhorn Bobsleds, which he rode as a kid. Reitz isn’t sure when his visiting streak will end, but not until next January for sure. That’s when his current annual pass expires.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Boy dies after being shot by sibling in Bradenton
- Fitness blogger dies after reportedly being hit in chest by exploding whipped cream canister
- USF football player arrested for credit card fraud, theft
- Worker dies after being electrocuted at Auburndale distillery
- JCPenney aims to hire 400 workers throughout Tampa Bay
- Which Tampa Bay area county is in the middle of a massive mosquito outbreak?